Key features: Investment of up to £3.5m in business-led projects to develop innovative tools and services for the UK synthetic biology industry.
Programme: Collaborative research and development
Award: Up to £3.8m
Opens: 18 Nov 2013
Registration closes: 08 Jan 2014
Closes: 15 Jan 2014
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Tools and services for synthetic biology
- rational design of genetic circuits, molecules and pathways
- characterisation and measurement of circuit performance parameters
- consideration of other factors influencing gene expression.
We are also seeking proposals which include strain engineering to produce novel or improved chassis.
- gene synthesis
- gene sequencing
- genome editing and annotation tools.
Funding allocation and project details
Looking for partners to work on your project?
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: email@example.com
- Consortium building event (Manchester): 23 September 2013
- Consortium building event (Cardiff): 24 September 2013
- Competition opens: 18 November 2013
- Briefing event (London): 26 November 2013 (am)
- Registration deadline: Noon 8 January 2014
Deadline for applications: Noon 15 January 2014