Key features: Investment of up to £4m in feasibility studies into how non-animal technologies can be further developed and applied to improve product development across a range of industries.
Programme: Feasibility studies
Award: Up to £4m
Opens: 03 Feb 2014
Registration closes: 19 Mar 2014
Closes: 26 Mar 2014
Support phone number: 0300 321 4357
Registration is required to enter this competition. Please note that registration will close 1 week before the competition application deadline.
Advancing the development and application of non-animal technologies
Biological, tissue engineering and imaging-related
- stem cell technologies/tissue engineering
- cell-line technologies
- cell culture – single-cell-type/3D/mixed-cell type/dynamic
- organ-on-a-chip/whole-organ models/connected-cell-type technologies
- next-generation sequencing and ‘omics' – genomics, epigenomics, proteomics
- technologies for identifying and measuring in vitro biomarkers
- cell/molecule-level imaging and sensing – positron emission tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, optical, in vitro/ex vivo, high-contrast
- stratified (personalised) medicine approaches
- use of lower organisms or plants.
- high-throughput technologies/combinatorial chemistry
- micro-structured surfaces and micro-fluidics
- automation and control.
Information and communication technology-related
- computer simulation and in silico modelling
- structure-activity relationships and computational chemistry
- data-mining and analysis of large complex (including historical) data sets.
Funding allocation and project details
Looking for partners to work on your project?
- Competition helpline: 0300 321 4357
- Email: email@example.com
- Competition opens: 3 February 2014
- Briefing event: 11 February 2014
- Registration deadline: 19 March 2014, noon
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 26 March 2014, noon