£1m European grant fund - Launchpad for the ‘internet of things'
If you are interested in this Launchpad you are encouraged to join the Internet of Things special interest group, where details of the competition scope and timing will be posted as soon as available.
We spent 10 years trying to get our concept off the ground, without success. Then we won an award of £100k through the Tech City Launchpad and the company has really taken off - Olivier Geoffroy, founder, Unto This Last
Making the most of clustering
- by creating opportunities for SMEs (often including those that are not yet revenue-earning) through funding for innovative projects
- by working with others in the cluster to provide a programme of business support (including coaching and mentoring) that will help the businesses to develop solid growth strategies and to access finance
- by providing a letter of intent to fund projects; businesses can use it to attract new private sector investment, because they will probably need to raise other forms of finance (including debt or equity-based solutions), either to match the grant or to support later scale-up plans.
Launchpad gave us the edge when searching for investment. Receiving the backing of the Technology Strategy Board made us more attractive to investors - Jenny Griffiths, chief executive, Snap Fashion
Launchpad competitions in progress
The Harwell Space Launchpad is focused on the cluster of businesses in and around Harwell in Oxfordshire that use space technology and satellite-related applications to offer innovative products and services. Harwell Space Launchpad directory of projects, a selection of images and videos.
- See videos from some of the companies we supported:
The Digital and Creative Clyde Launchpad serves the cluster of digital and creative technology businesses in Glasgow. Digital and Creative Clyde directory of projects.
The Materials and Manufacturing North West Launchpad concentrates on businesses in industries such as chemicals and advanced manufacturing where the North West, particularly the cluster around Sci-Tech Daresbury and Runcorn Heath, has considerable expertise. Materials and Manufacturing directory of projects.
The Motorsport Valley Launchpad supports high-performance engineering SMEs in the heart of England. It is centred on Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire and is associated with the motorsports industry, where there is a cluster with world-class capability.
Current Launchpad competitions
- a second Tech City Launchpad, supporting digital companies further into east London
- healthcare technologies in Wales
- manufacturing (process industries) in the North East.
Are you eligible?
- are in the cluster
- plan to start up in the cluster
- move into the cluster
- collaborate with a company already in the cluster.